Monday 19 December 2011

An Introduction to my Food Obsessed World.

I have been repeating my intentions to make a food blog to my family and friends for a long time now, however with a spare few days on my hands between the terms of my third year at University I concluded it was time to take the plunge.


Discovering that I am completely and whole heartedly obsessed with cooking, fantasizing and thinking about food has been a gradual realization which emerged as I entered student-hood at the rather young age of 18.


Two years later it wouldn't be an understatement to say it has consumed my life. Aside from my degree (a BA in Media Practice & Theory which sounds complicated but basically means I make films) and socializing, food has become one of the biggest things in my life. I go to sleep thinking about what I'll have for breakfast and spend all day dreaming about cooking dinner.


Still being a student my kitchen is frugally equipped at best and despite my dreams of pasta rollers, ice cream machines, electric whisks and extravagant ingredients like whole vanilla pods some of the culinary ventures I would love to undertake are far beyond my reach. However I do my best and seem to fare better than the average student regarding what I consume on a daily basis.


The recipes here are largely out of my own head or an amalgamation of various recipes I've read and tailored into one dish, however where credit is due of course I will credit the true brains behind my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment