Monday 12 March 2012

Olive Focaccia.


MMMmmm. Carbs. MMMmmm. Carb-y carb-y goodness.

I must say, I could live without meat, I could live without sugar but a life without carbs would not be a good one in my book.

If you hadn’t worked it out I’m definitely not one of those girls who comes out with the constant refrain of ‘oh, sorry, I’m on a carb free diet’ or ‘I’m just trying to not eat carbs at the moment’. Ohhh no.

Don’t get me wrong, those who do it are welcome to. Just means there is more for ME.

NOM.

Aaannyywaayyy…

I loooveee foccacia bread. Love love love love. It’s definitely my favorite type of bread. Throw in some olives and some nice oil and vinegar to dip in and I’m a gonner.

You’ll be likely to find me a few hours later, twice the size and covered in tell-tale crumbs.

So this is officially one of my favorite things. EVER. (I’m quite enthusiastic about it if you hadn’t noticed…)

4 cups Strong bread flour
1 tsp Sea salt
½ tsp Sugar
2/3 cup Tepid water
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp easy bake yeast
½ cup olives, roughly chopped.

Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the water and yeast and leave to stand until a head forms.

In a large bowl combine the flour, salt and sugar. Add the liquids (it will be sticky).

Knead it until it forms a smooth dough which springs back if you poke it.

Leave in an oiled bowl to rise covered in clingfilm until its doubled in size.

Knock back briefly and mix in the olives then push flat into a well oiled tray (Like this:)


Leave to rise a bit again for around 20 minutes then dimple, sprinkle with some more salt and olive oil.

Bake until it develops a golden crust and sounds hollow when tapped on the base.

Devour (in one sitting if you're me).



2 comments:

  1. I Love (with capital L) Carbs (with capital C)! I was on a carb-free diet several years ago... It was so difficult. I succeed, but never again.
    The focaccia looks great! And I am a freak for olives.

    ReplyDelete